About Me

Jon Dugger is a father of three, husband of one. He fancies himself an artist, analyst, and adventurer and loves spending time with his family and friends. During the day Jon helps people see insights in their data differently, or at least tries. Below are some information visualizations created with Tableau Software, that his ego, Jimmy Dale, expects you to love.

Blog Archive

Saturday, August 31, 2013

A History of School Shootings in the U.S.

I stumbled on some morbidly interesting school shooting data in Wikipedia last night and decided to Tableau it! I know, I know....I seem to be a gloomy person, but I'm not! Promise.

Interesting, yet sad insight is shown in this dashboard. The trend is alarming and really spikes beginning in the 90’s. Some think violent video games are the cause, but who really knows? I do know that I fear for my kids at school.
See for yourself why.


No comments:

Post a Comment